• With so many risks and hazards on building sites, risk assessments and safety
precautions are vital in keeping construction workers out of harm’s way. Companies
should position construction health and safety at the heart of their training and
operations, and all contractors should have completed health and safety assessments
associated with their work activities before starting work on building sites.
• Construction is considered a high hazard industry that comprises a wide range of
activities involving construction, alteration, and/or repair. Construction workers engage
in many activities that may expose them to serious hazards, such as falling from
rooftops, unguarded machinery, being struck by heavy construction equipment,
electrocutions, silica dust, and asbestos.
• The information, tools, and resources provided in these Construction Industry are
designed to assist those in the industry – whether worker or employer – to identify,
reduce, and eliminate construction-related hazards.
• The construction industry employs many subcontractors to maintain complex
equipment and carry out construction works. It has lots of dangerous machines and
there are many gantries and towers to fall from”. It is evident that the number of
accidents, injuries and fatalities to workers on construction sites and members ofthe
public have significantly increased in recent years, which have wider ramifications. Apart
from the disruption to the construction activities there are a number of other key
problems resulting from such accident. Suffice to mention health, physical handicap and
in the worst scenario loss of life, loss of revenue and valuable resources which might
subsequently have much wider legal implications including litigation and compensation
as we have recently witnessed in several court cases.
• To introduce new approaches and methodologies to identify & quantify hazards on
• To identify gaps and deficiencies in process design and its control system; anticipate
problems & implement corrective measures
• To ensure safe practices and reduction of accidents and to analyze the factors
contributing to accidents & near-misses.
• Identify the risks of accidents and occupational diseases on construction sites; and
Identify the risks associated with hazardous materials.
• To identify the most effective procedures and code of practice that can have long term
effects on the safety culture of the company
Health Safety on Construction Site
• To introduce a more structured approach to safety management on construction site
Introduction to Safety on Construction Site
• The important of Safety to the construction sites.
• Seriousness of safety issues in construction industry or site.
• Working with contractors and other organizations.
• Health and Safety Management System (HSS).
• What constitutes an HSS?
• Projects Health, Safety & Environmental Plans
Assesment of The Likely Hazards of Construction Site
• Hazards associated with working at heights and confined space.
• What are main sources of health hazards at construction sites and their effects on
• How can the likely risk be assessed, monitored and controlled Assessment of Hazards
from Types of self-audit systems.
• Quantitative audit systems.
• Qualitative audit systems.
• Reactive vs. proactive monitoring of performance.
• Assessment techniques and performance indicators.
Human/Behavioral Aspects & Safety
• Motivation, self-motivation, incentives and employee involvement.
• Development of positive safety culture
• What is safety culture
• How to promote safety culture
• How to measure safety culture
• Behavioral Safety and employee’s involvement.
• Selection of outcome indicators.
Procedures, Code of Practice & Documentation Needed to Comply With Safety Requirements
• Inspection and observation procedures.
• Site inspections and observation techniques.
Health Safety on Construction Site
• Specific audit/inspection systems: fire protection and site activities.
• Elements of an emergency plan.
• Auditing emergency plans.
Duration Of the Course
• Duration of the Course is (4 days). Distributed between 9